Monday, May 11, 2009

Whirlwind

On Wednesday, I took Micah back to his pediatrician to follow up on the most recent incarnation of the ear infection we've been fighting since JANUARY. On Thursday, we went in to see the ENT. And early Friday morning, Micah had tubes put in both ears.

It was, needless to say, kind of a crazy week.

On the upside, Todd plays hockey with both the ENT and the anesthesiologist who took care of Micah, which went a long way towards helping me climb down off the ceiling. They both did a great job, and Micah was in and out in about 15 minutes. He was mightily pissed off by the anesthesia and continues to be super clingy, but overall, I think he's doing much better.


This coming Saturday I'm hosting a baby shower for my sister. In preparation, Todd and I spent some time this weekend doing small bits of painting we've been putting off since before Micah was born, so I no longer develop a nervous tic just walking out of the kitchen. I THINK I've got everything planned out, my parents are coming down Friday afternoon to help me finish everything up, and HOLY CRAP, I just might be able to pull this off!

In other news, I finally got my new lens. I haven't had much time to play with it yet (I WONDER WHY), but I kind of think I love it. It's taking some serious getting used to, but I'm looking forward to putting it to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment