Monday, May 18, 2009

Go go go


Hokay, so, Saturday I hosted a baby shower for my sister. I think it was fun, everyone said they had fun, but for me, it's kind of a blur of dealing with a fussy baby while simultaneously fretting over being a good hostess and trying to snap a few pictures here and there. I'll say it was definitely a lot of fun toplan.

(Side Note: Thank you thank you thank you to my mother, Jessica, and Todd for all their help cooking, cleaning, and all that stuff. I seriously couldn't have done it without you, NO LIE.)

I think the part I was the most pleased with was the bit where I had fabric markers and plain white onesies in three different sizes for people to decorate for the baby. All during the shower people were in there drawing away, and at the end, the baby had several super cute, totally original outfits. WIN!

Sunday, Todd and I drove down to see Todd's grandfather at the UAB ICU. I was unhappy to learn that the term "visiting hours" really means "a visiting half-hour, a large portion of which you spend in line for hand sanitizer." We did get to see him, but he'd just been sedated and wasn't really awake or talking. Because the visiting times are three hours apart, we had to leave before the next one, so we'll be heading back down there for a little while next weekend. I think Micah cheered everyone up a good bit, though.

Now it's Monday, and I'm up against at least three critical deadlines with work crap, probably more like four or five by the end of the week. If you need me, I'll be over here in the corner, breathing into a paper bag.


At least I have a cute baby, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment