Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Talk about your Mondays

Bubble

This lady is causing trouble.

At 3:00 AM on Monday morning, she called to tell me she was in quite a bit of pain and they were heading to the hospital. Todd and I bundled Micah up and drove over to stay with Daniel. A few hours later, she and her husband came back to report that she probably had a kidney stone, so the doctor sent her home to drink fluids and TAKE TYLENOL.

(Tylenol. For an effing KIDNEY STONE. That's like saying, "Oh, your arm's off? Here, use this duct tape.")

Monday evening, after many many hours of intense pain, they were back at the hospital where she finally received some lovely, wonderful Demerol. Micah and I spent the night with Daniel again. Today they (finally) got confirmation that she has two kidney stones, and tomorrow the doctors will (finally) be Doing Something about it.

Since Todd's out of town again, my mother came down to wrangle the 3-year-old, which means there's a good chance I'll actually get to sleep tonight. IN MY OWN BED. In the meantime, Elizabeth is doing a little better, and after her surgery tomorrow she should be feeling mostly back to normal. Or as normal as a 34-weeks pregnant woman can, I guess. But I'm sure this one ranks pretty high on her list of worst weeks ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment