Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year

Today after lunch, I opened up TWO empty fortune cookies. I'm not sure how to take that.

So far, 2010 is shaping up to be one hell of an eventful year. To start it off right, we're moving this Friday to a rental home, to await the completion of our new house (an event that, at this point, is scheduled for sometime between pigs learning the secret of self-propelled air travel and the Second Coming of Christ). I'd planned on being Not Here when the actual moving of furniture and boxes went down, instead fleeing to Tennessee with Micah to hang out with my mother. But now they're forecasting snow for Thursday, and Todd's down with a hockey-injured shoulder, and it's looking more and more likely that I'll have to be involved with the insanity after all.

Micah kicked off the New Year with a resounding splatter when he horked all over our hotel room in Montgomery. I swear, we'd cut him off hours earlier, but that baby just can't hold his liquor. Oh, I kid - it's all part of his New Year's Resolution to barf over as many items as possible every morning between 6 and 7 AM, a resolution he has faithfully upheld for three days now. You have to applaud his resolve. Also, his unerring aim.

I'm looking forward to next Friday, when hopefully we'll be settled in to the rental house, the child will have stopped barfing, my PE application will be in and accepted, and I'll have time to pull down some of the many photos I took over Christmas. Oh, and sleep. Yes, I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment