Thursday, December 17, 2009

Or maybe paint chips?

Every year one of our vendors sends all our environmental personnel a pizza from Gino's East in Chicago. Every year I seriously debate intercepting the shipment and claiming all the pizzas as my own. This year's offering came in this morning, and now all I can think about is pizza. Omnomnomnomnom.

Yesterday we had some bigwigs from the company we're merging with visiting our office. There were some pretty specific rules of conduct, as listed at the staff meeting the day before:

No burping
No farting
No cussing
No pets
No butt crack
No crack
No cussing
No nose-picking
No cell phones
No cussing
No yelling
No booze (unless you bring enough for everyone)

It goes without saying that the mere fact these were listed at the staff meeting - and not entirely tongue-in-cheek, either - explains why I love my workplace so damn much.

I'm proud to say that I think we all conducted ourselves in a mostly professional manner (I did let out one loud squawk while imitating "Stumpy the Christmas Vulture" but it went largely unnoticed). I hope our visitors left thinking what a fantastic asset we'll be, and not, "holy shit, do they do engineering work or do they sit around all day and eat glue?"

No comments:

Post a Comment