Thursday, August 30, 2012

Backyard entertainment

Back at the start of Spring, in order to torture the cats to the greatest extent possible, we decided to move the bird feeders to right outside the kitchen window. We've spent the last six months or so watching an endless variety of gorgeous birds come and go, all while the cats freak the hell out beside the breakfast table.

BIRD! BIRD! THERE'S A BIRD RIGHT THERE RIGHT THERE I'M GONNA EAT HIM I CAN GET HIM JUST LET ME OUT ERMAHGURD THERE'S A BIRD! BIRD! THERE! AND THERE!

And so on.

Lately, Aerin's been fascinated by the hummingbird wars. Tuesday, she was home recovering from a nasty 12-hour stomach bug, and I took full advantage of her interest. She and the cats had a lovely time comparing notes on which hummingbird they'd like to catch the most.  Since I had nothing to add to the discussion, I just took pictures.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

1 comment: