Friday, April 24, 2009

Also sharper than a serpent's tooth? Baby claws.

Today has been nothing but an exercise in suckitude. The capstone of it all is that Micah has absolutely refused to nurse at daycare these last few days. Today, rather than eat, he dug his little velociraptor claws into the back of my neck, nearly drawing blood, then proceeded to repeatedly pinch the everliving shit out the backside of my arm. All while biting, of course. I finally gave up and handed him back to his teacher, who then fed him a full bowl of applesauce, which he enthusiastically devoured. And so I left, totally defeated, demoralized, and BEATEN UP by a 7-month-old.

To make myself feel better, I plan on purchasing the Canon 85 mm f/1.8 lens on my way home this afternoon. I've been quietly lusting after it for a while now, and everyone says it's a fantastic lens, especially for portraits and low light. Based on the reviews I've read, I fully expect rainbows and unicorns, and possibly fluffy wittle bunnies, to burst forth once I pop the lens on the camera. If that happens, I'll be sure to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment