Thursday, October 22, 2009

I guess I'm learning

After last Monday's parenting fiasco, I was more than a little worried at the prospect of being a single parent for four full days, three of them working days. I mean, I had just proven I couldn't be trusted to deal with small children like a rational grown-up should, and the universe's response was, "suck it up and, oh by the way, here's four whole days to not screw up again."

But, you guys, I KICKED ASS.

Every morning I was up in time to get everything ready for work and daycare before Micah even woke up. I got both of us out the door - fed, dressed, and clean, and with all the proper accessories - in time to be at work by 8:30. Then, I worked eight (very stressful) hours, got us both home, cooked dinner, got the baby bathed and in bed, and cleaned up the house, all before 9:00. All by myself!

I know that sounds awfully easy, and why the hell is she making such a big deal out of this? But unless you've been there, you have no idea. Things have been INSANE at work, and keeping up with a 13-month-old isn't exactly stress-free. I honestly didn't think I could keep all those balls in the air without help...but I did.

And now, I need a nap.

Aye aye, Captain!

No comments:

Post a Comment