Thursday, September 20, 2012

Birthday Celebration

Micah's birthday fell on Wednesday this year. I didn't want to do too much since his party was set for Saturday, but I still wanted to celebrate. A while back I'd seen a post on Oh Happy Day where the author had made tiny party hats for her kid's miniature animal collection. That gave me the idea to make little hats for Micah's stuffed animals. I grabbed a couple sheets of scapbook paper and spent a couple of nights after the kids went to bed cutting and taping and tying everything together, the sofa littered with tiny scraps of paper and tissue and string.

(The best part of making the hats? Trying them on the cats.)

On Tuesday night, Todd slipped by the store and grabbed a GIANT Cars balloon. When Micah woke up on his birthday morning, his animals were all lined up on our stairs waiting for him and he had a huge balloon in his spot at the kitchen table, right next to his favorite breakfast of cinnamon rolls.

Micah loved it.

Party Animals

Lemur in a tiny hat?  YES PLEASE.

Birthday Boy

(He liked them)

You should have seen me sneaking all these guys out of his room while he slept.
I was like a ninja. I needed theme music or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment