Monday, June 13, 2011

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

My 2:15 doctor appointment turned into a 5:45 appointment after my poor doctor had to do one emergency C-section at Huntsville, then deliver another baby at Crestwood on his way back to the office. I almost left, since I have another appointment scheduled for next Monday, but decided after three hours of waiting, what was another 30 minutes? And I'm glad I stayed, because it turns out I'm 80 percent effaced and 3 centimeters dilated. Doc said this kid could be born tomorrow or three weeks from now, but on average, he'd expect four to five days. That's funny, considering a while back I started joking about putting me down for June 16th in the office pool.

So. Now it's for real. This baby is coming out, sooner rather than later. I guess I am officially a ticking time bomb. Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment