Sunday, October 17, 2010

(Except for the allergies)

Although the afternoon temperatures continue to flirt with 80 degrees, Fall is still creeping along in the form of chilly mornings, hayrides, and changing leaves. This is my absolute, hands-down favorite season.

At the beginning of the month, Todd, Micah, and I visited Tate Farms for Todd's office picnic. It was our first time there, but I can guarantee you it won't be our last. Between the playground, the (real, live, cut-your-own-off-the-vine)pumpkin patch, the hayrides, the farm equipment, the corn crib, the giant two-story slide, and the petting zoo, there's a ton of stuff for kids to do. And although he had a good time this year, by next year Micah will be old enough to really, thoroughly enjoy it.

Focused on the airplane

Fall is the time of year when we finally get to really play outside, without the drenching sweat or threat of heatstroke. We've been trying to get out as much as possible, whether to play in the sandbox, go for a walk, or just stomp through the trees looking for pinecones and other interesting things.

What's dat, Mommy?  What's DAT?

Last weekend, we wandered up Monte Sano to check out the playground in the State park. This evening, we'll be meeting my sister and her family up there for a picnic. Micah's down for his nap, so I'm about to go load up all the supplies we'll need. I'm kind of ridiculously excited about it.


I've said it a million times before, and I'll say it again. I love Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment