Thursday, September 2, 2010

Adventures in vocabulary

Last night we were driving to my sister's house when a fire truck passed us, lights and siren going.

Me: "Micah, look, it's a fire truck!"

Micah: "Goin' ta pump da water!"

---------------------------

Monday we were driving by a construction site, and Micah spotted his favorite piece of equipment.

Micah: "Ekakator! EKAKATOR. Pickin' up da dirt. Pourin' it out inna dum tuck! Beep beep beep."

---------------------------

The other morning there were five concrete trucks lined up in our side of the neighborhood for an early-morning pour. I held Micah up in his window to see them before breakfast, and by the time we got outside to get in the car, he was beside himself.

Micah: "Oh. My. God. CONKEET TUCKS."

Todd: "Micah, say oh my GOODNESS."

Micah: "Oh my GUDNEZ. CONKEET TUCKS. Oh my gudNEZ. Oh my GUDnez, CONkeet tucks. FIVE conkeet tucks, oh my...."

[FIVE MINUTES LATER]

Micah: "....FIVE CONKEET TUCKS! OH MY GUDNEZ!!!"

Todd: "DUDE. All right, stop. Look, look over here. It's a school bus."

Micah: "COO BUSSSSSS! Coo busssss. Oh my GUDNEZ, Mommy."

---------------------------

The other day, we were sitting at a stoplight when a loud car pulled up behind us in the next lane.

Micah: "Old tuck, Daddy!"

Todd: "That's not an old truck, buddy. That's a toolbag with a trashcan for a muffler."

The light turns green, and we pull away from the car.

Micah: "Bye bye, toolbag!"

No comments:

Post a Comment