Thursday, July 29, 2010

I forsee much mockery

I just ordered a $55 CAT INHALER. For my asthmatic cat.

Yes, yes I know.

It's called the AeroKat. Here's an illustration of how this thing is supposed to work:



Because of course the cat is simply going to stand there with the mask over its whiskers, and give you a quizzical look. I actually made my own sketch of how I expect the whole inhaler thing to go, before I remembered I have no way to upload it. Let's just say that in my illustration, there's a lot more blood.

I'm trying to think how best to do this. Do I fold the cat up in a towel and sit on her? Should I forget the towel and just wrap the cat in duct tape? Do I need to wear a suit made entirely from Kevlar? Will I come out of this with both eyes and an intact jugular? The vet assures me that she's known people who've used this same device, and none of them had much trouble. I think I'd like to see how scarred these people really are. Do they have all their limbs? Do any of them now require a colostomy bag?

Anyway, I just purchased an AeroKat. I am, officially, one of those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment